Student Support

Help for Students with Dyslexia

 If you have difficulties with reading and writing, it is possible that you have dyslexia. Anyone, of any age, may have dyslexia or a specific learning difficulty. The Dyslexia Support Team can carry out a detailed assessment and offer support to help you develop your skills. If you think you need help, discuss it with your tutor and make an appointment to see one of the dyslexia support tutors. If you have information about your condition please bring it with you.

If you need help with a disability or dyslexia, you can make an appointment by calling the helpline on 020 3784 6005.

Help for students who are deaf or partially hearing

 If you require support, contact the learning support service or ask your tutor to arrange an appointment for an assessment. We may be able to provide educational support tutors or other supports.

You can contact us by telephone on 020 3784 6005 or by text on 07451979670.

Support for Mental Health needs

A confidential counselling service may be available through contacting

Financial Support

Funding is available for further education (FE) students on government funded courses. If you are on a full-time higher education (HE) course, you may be eligible for assistance, depending on personal circumstances. Full-time Higher Education students should apply to their Local Education Authority for financial support.

Our Registration Services can tell you what financial support is available and help you complete application forms.

The College Learner Support Fund

 These funds are available if you need financial assistance, and are given either in one lump sum, or two payments throughout the year. Each application due to hardship is considered according to the criteria given in the guidance notes supplied with the application form. Grants are mainly given to assist with childcare, travel, books and equipment. For more details or to make an application, contact Registration Services via email –

Benefits and Jobseeker’s Allowance

 The Student Welfare Service can provide you with information on all benefits, such as Income Support, Jobseeker’s Allowance, Housing Benefit, Child Benefit and disability benefits. We can help you complete application forms and check your benefit entitlements etc.


Successful Learners says